6/6/15

Yael Salomon - Inspiration

חולצה גרטרוד , תכשיטים יעל סלומון

 I asked my favorite jewelry designer, Yael Salomon, to choose 5 items that give her inspiration to work. I knew that her choices will be original and profound, like her work. And Yael did not disappoint.

1. Essential Oil by Thann, favored by Yael Salomon for a relaxed feeling at work.
 
 
Yael: I found Thann in one of my trips to Asia. I travel a lot to Asia for business and this is something that I buy regularly. If I run out before I go, I ask someone to send me a few bottles .This has been the smell of my house for ten years, the smell that surrounds the house and studio and creates a sense of calm. I started traveling to Asia when I was designing shoes and bags, ten years ago, and we produced in China. I had at the time an American brand with my sister, called Charley My Love.
 
And then I continued with jewelry manufactures in Thailand to produce my line,
Yael Salomon. I have been designing jewelery for the last seven years.

Essential Oil - Thann, favored by Yael Salomon for a relaxed feeling at work

 

2. I love architecture so I chose my favorite out of my many architecture books -  Santiago Calatrava's book. The book actually contains some work from Israel, The Chords Bridge at the entrance to Jerusalem.I really, really love his connections and how he puts heavy mass so that it looks as if it's flying in the air. The bridge is very much in line with Calatrava's work -   lots of lines, and that relates to my jewelry style.
Calatrava translates certain movements,  the tension between the hard and soft, flexible and rigid, all kinds of contradictions. When I studied at Shenkar (fashion school ) the theme of opposites was already central in my work.

Santiago Calatrava's architecture inspires Yael Salomon's jewelry


3. Dries Van Noten retrospective book inspires Yael both artistically and business wise
 

Yael: I chose Dries Van Noten's, one of my favorite fashion designers, book. 
Dries Van Noten is one of the few brands, owned privately. It does not belong to any corporation.Van Noten insists on it and I think rightly.
In addition to his endless design capabilities, both in terms of quality and in terms of research plus using different techniques, and expressing the inspiration every time, season after season, I really appreciate his business approach. Van Noten's father used to work in the business of fashion and after finishing his studies Van Noten has developed his own brand, bought the building that was his father's shop, so everything remained in the same neighborhood. And from little Antwerp which is very provincial, it slowly evolved into an international brand. He has all the hats. Last year I visited his retrospective exhibition in Paris and I bought the book.
 Van Noten was "in the right place, at the right time" in the last twenty years, no doubt.This is very noticeable in the book and it was very noticeable at the exhibition. All His inspirations are very rich in terms of music and movies. We have all seen the movies but with him it's there, in his work. Another thing is that Van Noten really likes to give credit to others and it is very beautiful.
It's a great book, my Bible.

Dries Van Noten retrospective book inspires Yael both artistically and business wise

4.Vintage jewelery from New york and colorful stones from Tel Aviv are the inspiration for SS 2016 collection Yael: The ancient African jewelry and stones are part of the elements that inspire my next summer collection - 2016. I would like to return to some ethnic, handmade things. Things I was doing in the past and I want to introduce them into my cold lines, my Scandinavian side. I would like to introduce some warmth and color. Some of the jewelry is from vintage shops in New York, from many many years ago. And stones. The stones I buy in Tel Aviv ,which is quite comfortable. I work with Kapash in Allenby st., who is one of the only people I collaborate with in Israel. He has a big store of gems, a huge variety he brings from all over the world and it's great fun to hang out there - colors, shapes.This endless. A lot of inspiration from this shop.
I feel that it's time to go back and work with the stones and color that I miss too much and I want to infuse turquoise and Corals, summer colors, Resort, Beach,in my jewelry.

 
5. BoF magazine and the daily newsletter of the blog are constant inspiration, about everything to do with fashion and more.The Business of Fashion, BoF, is a British blog that deals with the business of fashion.I discovered it by accident a few years ago and since then I have been following the blog every morning. Not that I read every day because there is more to life than fashion. 

 This is their first printed edition, and one of my icons is here on the cover so it's quite an inspiration on it's own. BoF deals with fashion from a  broader perspective.

Vintage jewelery from New york and colorful stones fro Tel Aviv are the inspiration for SS 2016 collection


ביקשתי ממעצבת התכשיטים האהובה עלי , יעל סלומון , לבחור 5 פריטים שנותנים לה השראה בעבודה .ידעתי שהבחירות יהיו מקוריות ועמוקות ,כמו היצירה שלה. ויעל לא איכזבה
  
א . בקבוק שמן אתרי מתמציות עצים ,של "תן" ,חברה תאילנדית של קוסמטיקה בעיקר
יעל : גיליתי אותם באחת הנסיעות שלי לאסיה .אני מסתובבת הרבה באסיה בענייני עבודה וזה משהו שאני קונה באופן קבוע ואם נגמר לפני שאני נוסעת אני מבקשת שישלחו לי .כשאני מגיעה לטוקיו או בנקוק אני יודעת בדיוק איפה החנויות וקונה במהירות .זה הריח של הבית שלי למעלה מעשר שנים,ריח שאופף את כל הבית והסטודיו ויוצר תחושה של רוגע. התחלתי לנסוע לאסיה כשעבדתי בתחום הנעליים והתיקים, וייצרנו בסין , למותג אמריקאי שלי ושל אחותי -
Charley My Love
 והמשכתי עם התכשיטים .אני מייצרת בתאילנד ,בכפר קטן ודי משפחתי למותג שלי , יעל סלומון ,שקיים כבר שבע שניםב. ספר על אדריכלות שאני הכי אוהבת ויש לא מעט אז שלפתי ככה ... 

ב. הספר על סנטיאגו קלטרבה .יש פה דווקא עבודה שלו מהארץ: הגשר בכניסה לירושלים, גשר המיתרים .אני מאוד מאוד אוהבת את החיבורים שלו ואיך הוא מעמיד מסה באוויר כך שהיא נראית עפה באוויר .זה מאוד אופייני לקווים שלו .בכלל קלטרבה עובד עם הרבה קווים ,וזה מדבר לסיגנון התכשיטים שלי.אני מתרגמת לתכשיטים את הדרך בה הוא מתאר תנועות מסויימות ,קונטרסים מסויימים ,את המתח בין רך לקשה ,גמישות ונוקשות ,כל מיני ניגודים כאלה.כבר כשלמדתי בשנקר הנושא של ניגודים העסיק אותי בעבודות של

ג. ספר על דריס ון נוטן ,אחד ממעצבי האופנה שאני הכי מעריכה.דריס ון נוטן זה אחד המותגים היחידים ,בסדר גודל הזה ,שהוא בבעלות אישית .לא שייך לשום תאגיד .ון נוטן מתעקש על זה ולדעתי בצדק .ומעבר ליכולות העיצוביות שלו שהן אין סופיות ,גם מבחינת האיכות וגם מבחינת החיפוש והטכניקות השונות ,ולהביע את ההשראה כל פעם מחדש,כל פעם השראה אחרת ,עונה אחרי עונה ,אני מאוד מעריכה את איש העסקים שהוא .אבא שלו היה בעיסקי האופנה ו-ון נוטן פיתח את המותג שלו ,קנה את המבנה בו היתה החנות של האבא , ז"א הכל נשאר באותה שכונה ,בקטן הזה של אנטוורפן שזה מאוד פרובינציאלי ,ולאט לאט התפתח למותג בן לאומי .במקרה שלו יש לו את כל הכובעים .בשנה שעברה היתה לו תערוכה רטרוספקטיבית בפריס וקניתי את הספר. זה מאוד מגניב כי הוא היה "במקום הנכון ,בזמן הנכון" בעשרים השנים האחרונות ,אין צל של ספק ,רואים את זה בהשראה ובעבודות שלו .זה מאוד מורגש בספר והיה מאוד מורגש בתערוכה .כל ההשראות שלו שהן מאוד מאוד עשירות .גם מבחינת מוסיקה ,גם מבחינת סרטים שאנחנו כולנו ראינו ואצלו זה שם ,זה בעבודות שלו .הוא גם אוהב לתת קרדיט לאחרים שזה מאוד יפה ..זה ספר נהדר .התנ"ך שלי .

ד. התכשיטים האפריקאים העתיקים והאבנים הם חלק מהאלמטים שהיוו השראה לקולקציה הבאה ,של קיץ 2016 .אני רוצה לחזור קצת לדברים האתניים ,לעבודת יד ,דברים שעסקתי בהם בעבר ואני רוצה להחדיר אותם לתוך הקווים הקרים ,הצד הסקנדינבי שלי .אני רוצה להחדיר קצת חום וצבע . חלק מהתכשיטים מחנויות וינטאג' בניו יורק , לפני הרבה הרבה שנים ,בעיקר תכשיטים אפריקיאים וגם אבנים שאני קונה בתל אביב. דווקא אבנים אני בעיקר קונה פה .יש לי יבואן שמביא מכל העולם ובכל פעם מחדש .זה די נוח .זה אחד האנשים הבודדים בארץ שאני עובדת איתו - קפש באלנבי .יש לו את החנות הכי גדולה לאבני חן .מאוד כיף להסתובב אצלו - הצבעוניות, הצורות זה אינסופי .כשנכנסתי אליו הפעם הרגשתי שאני חייבת לחזור לאבנים וצבע כי אני מתגעגעת יותר מדי ואני רוצה לחזור לטורקיזים ולקורלים ,צבעים של קיץ ,ריזורט ,חוף


 .
BoF magazine and the daily newsletter of the blog are constant inspiration  ,about everything to do with fashion and more
בלוג בריטי שעוסק בביזנס של האופנה
גיליתי אותו במקרה לפני כמה שנים ומאז אני כל בוקר מקבלת את הניוז לטר.
 ,לא שאני קוראת כל בוקר כי יש עוד כמה דברים חוץ מפשן בעולם . זו המהדורה הראשונה שלהם שמודפסת, ויש פה את אחד האייקונים שלי שנמצאת פה על השער אז זה השראה לא רעה
ובכלל הם עוסקים פה בסוגיות שעוסקות לא רק בפשן אלא בפרספקטיבה יותר רחבה
את התכשיטים שיעל סלומון מעצבת ניתן לראות כאן 
http://www.yaelsalomon.com/http://www.yaelsalomon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment